Thursday, January 05, 2006

"Alive in repose"

"You must learn to be still in the midst of activity and to be vibrantly alive in repose."--Indira Gandhi

Last night I told a group gathered in the new prayer center at Garnett Church of Christ that it is here, in prayer, that revival begins.

I don't come to Garnett with a bag of tricks but with a firm conviction that the Holy Spirit does work today though I can't fully explain how he does it, but I know that he moves the hearts of people because I've seen it over and over again. And I know he's done that for me, too.

Yet I am here to equip that group of praying people to equip more praying people. In this quiet repose of prayer and in what it leads us to, God is vibrantly alive.

1 Comments:

At 9:25 PM, Blogger Beth said...

Greg,
I'm glad you are there, encouraging prayer as a priority. I am in prayer often for the brothers and sisters I love at Garnett, and I'm confident that a family-wide commitment to prayer will bring about the renewal that has been sought by some for a very long time.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home