Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Christmas Scrooges

If you've never read (I know most of us have seen) Charles Dickens's A Christmas Carol, don't wait another Christmas to read it. If you love great writing and tale telling, here's one of the best. Garrison Keillor's Prairie Home Christmas does a fun reversal of the story with Scrooge doing acts of kindness from the beginning and ruining the whole story and putting actors out of work at Christmas.

While I'm talking about scrooges, another of my favorites about a scrooge redeemed is George Eliot's Silas Marner.

1 Comments:

At 6:46 AM, Blogger john alan turner said...

A CHRISTMAS CAROL is one of my favorites, and it always seems to put me in the right frame of mind. I've probably read it 20 times, but I pulled it out just the other day. Thanks for pointing me to an online version.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home